Elder Care Job in Vancouver, British Columbia
Caregivers, companions, homemakers and Personal Care Attendants are needed to provide companionship, support and assistance for seniors and people living with brain injuries and disabilities, working as part of a team providing professional care and support to clients.
Compensation: Depending on experience, time and a half on STATs
Hours: Part-time Tuesday and Thursday 11am- 3pm, leading to full time
Job descriptions are varied and personalized for the individual need such as:
- Companionship- Toileting- Directing - Engaging in conversations
- Work independently, assist clients with medical and social outings
- Drive client to social and medical appointments
- Support with activities of personal care and daily living
- Assist with rehabilitation
- Minimum 6 months of experience and/or training in care preferably in working with adults who have brain injuries, both cognitive and physical impairment
- An understanding of the needs of adults with a cognitive and physical impairment who are vulnerable within society
- First Aid, CPR
- Reliable clean car and drivers abstract
- Demonstrate the ability to relate professionally and respectfully to people with physical disabilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Community Health Care certification
- BC Care Registry number
- Medical Clearance (TB)
- Criminal Clearance
Our mission is to maintain integrity and dignity, by providing professional care workers at home or added care in hospitals or facilities where a comfortable surrounding make good care healing in itself.
If you have all of the skills and experience required, as well as a passion to provide care to people living in the community, please send your resume and include a cover letter in the email.
Business Profile: A superior home support agency helping seniors and people living with disabilities to maintain or improve independence by providing them with professional healthcare workers.
Thank you for sending your resume, we will look at all of the submissions, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.