Elder Care Job in Oakville, Ontario
Home Care Assistance GTA West is looking for caring and compassionate individuals to become a part of our team and join our mission of Changing the Way the World Ages . At Home Home Care Assistance we provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion. If you are looking for a job that is rewarding and allows you to make a difference every day, then you must apply at Home Care Assistance GTA West today.
We are currently hiring PSWs and Caregivers who are willing to work in Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington and Hamilton region for a variety of shifts including day, evening, night and weekend shifts. The ideal candidate is someone who has good interpersonal skills and a good command of the English language. They can provide mental and social stimulation to our mostly elderly or senior clients in addition to be able to fulfill other caregiver duties.
Immediate opportunities are available for long-term clients with steady, predictable schedules. APPLY NOW!
At Home Care Assistance GTA West you can expect:
- Competitive wages with frequent opportunities for raises
- Employee Health Care Benefits for caregivers that complete probation and fulfill specific criteria
- Ongoing training that can help you grow professionally and personally
- A supportive, caring work environment
- The opportunity to work one-on-one with seniors and truly make a difference in their lives
- A wonderful work culture where Personal Support Workers are highly valued and appreciated
As the recent recipient of Employer of Choice Award 2017 from Home Care Pulse, we value the commitment and integrity of our caregivers. Our goal is to provide our employees with a great working experience, while ensuring clients have well-trained, compassionate caregivers.
Duties may include and not limited to:
- Care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and cordial manner
- Providing assistance with meal planning & preparation
- Light housekeeping, laundry
- Personal care involving bathing and grooming
- One to one companionship
- Travel companion for shopping, going for a walk, going to a restaurant etc.
- Skilled Care - Dementia, Parkinson's Disease, ALS, MS etc
All placements are non-medical; experience an asset but not required. Specific education is not required as all training is provided. All positions are part time with required availabilities of 20 to 40 hrs per week
Requirements are :
- Valid Driver's License and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Access to the Bus system
- PSW certification is an asset
- Personal computer with basic computer skill
- Vulnerable Sector Background Check
- Flexible availability
- Nursing students may apply
- Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs
If you enjoy the company of the elderly and like to "Change the way the world ages" then we need you! To apply for the position, kindly visit www.....com and select location ON-GTA West. Please fill out the application to the best of your knowledge. The qualified candidate will be contacted via email or phone